Sl No 208
Circular Number RD 14 LGP 84
Section Land Grants
Subject Encroachment of Tank-beds – Preventive action to be taken
Body GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
No. RD 14 LGP 84 Karnataka Government Secretariat,
Bangalore, Dated 17th January 1984.
C I R C U L A R
Sub: Encroachment of Tank-beds – Preventive action to be taken
Ref: Govt. O. M. No. RD 36 LGP 83, dated 25th June 1983
- - -
In the official Memorandum referred to above, instructions have been issued by Government as to the measures to be taken by the Field Revenue Officers to prevent fresh encroachments on Government lands. It has been made clear therein that fresh encroachments upon Government lands should not be allowed with effect from 1st July 1983 and that the concerned Field Officer will be held personally responsible for the same.
2. However, it has now come to the notice of Government that large scale encroachments are still taking place on Government lands and particularly tank beds. These encroachers seem to have been emboldened by the recent Government decision to regularise encroachments, as reported in the news papers. The question of regularisation of encroachments on tank-beds and other places will be on merits of each case and within the framework of Land Grant Rules. Wholesale regularisation of encroachments on tank-beds (or other Government lands) is never envisaged. Only if the tank is out of commission or if it is breached, after following due process only such cases of encroachment will be considered for regularisation on merits after obtaining the technical opinion of the Public Works Department.
3. To stress the point, it may be repeated that all encroachments on tank beds will not be automatically considered for regularisation. Hence, Government reiterate that no fresh encroachments should be allowed to take place on tank-beds in particular and also on other Government lands in general. Fresh encroachers of tank-beds and other Government lands should be dealt with severely and prompt action should be taken to evict such encroachers from the tank-beds.
4. The Divisional Commissioners of the Divisions and the Deputy Commissioners of Districts are requested to issue suitable instructions to all the Revenue officers/officials under their control and to ensure that no fresh encroachments take place on tank-beds in particular and other Government lands in general. The field officers should be held personally responsible if fresh encroachments take place and they should be dealt with severely for any slackness or laxity in this regard.
5. The receipt of this Circular should be acknowledged.
Revenue Commissioner &
Secretary to Government,
Revenue Department .
CONTENTS OF THIS BLOG
- REGISTRATIONS OPPOSED TO PUBLIC POLICY
- DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION OF SITES
- DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION OF AGRICULTURAL ...
- PROCEDURE IN REGISTRATIONS AND AFTER EFFECTS
- GOVERNMENT CIRCULAR ON GOMAL LANDS NEEDS STRICT IM...
- GOVT CIRCULAR TO PREVENT ENCROACHMENT OF TANK BEDS...
- DATE GROVE LANDS ARE FOREST RESERVE LANDS
- Restrictions regarding grant of land in and around...
- Grant of GOVERNMENT land to private institutions a...
- Eviction of unauthorised occupation of certain lan...
- Implementation of Sec.79A and 79B of Karnataka Lan...
- Inquiry regarding illegal transactions regarding S...
- LAND REFORMS ACT AND - Alienation of Agricultural ...
- Incorporation of conversion orders and Land Tribun...
- NORMS TO BE FOLLOWED IN RECEIVING AND DISPOSING OF...
- RECORDS WHICH THE VILLAGE ACCOUNTANT TO MAINTAIN
- Arable lands kept fallow – taking over by Governme...
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2009 (17)
- ► 2011 (94)